Wednesday, April 24, 2019

7 Ways to become the Diva Cat You Always Wanted.


This post was written in conjunction with my best friend, a furry little feline named Freya. You may remember her from some of my previous posts, 9 Reasons That Make Freya Angry, Tag Thursday: Furry Friend Tag, Freya Edition and Freya's favorite 5. Because it's been mentioned so many time times that she's a diva and won't leave me alone while I'm typing my blog posts, and while I was writing my update, she sat on top of me and on top of my keyboard until I told her that I'd write a post about her. I'm keeping to that promise.

Because Freya is a total diva, she wanted to explain to every cat, how to become a diva, because, she believes it's extremely important. All cats have diva-like potential, some are born with it, others earn the potential. If you need to learn it, listen up! Here are some of Freya's tips for being a diva!


1. If you human wants to carry you to the food bowl let them

Don't put up a fight, just chill. If another human catches your human walking you to the food bowl. Why walk when you don't have to? If they don't want to carry you to the food bowl, don't push the issue too much, walking like a diva to your bowl and strutting to the bowl works just as well.

2. Get an automatic watering dish filled with bottled water

An automatic watering dish like the one below has become my favorite dish ever! I used to splash my water in my old bowl because it didn't move. You know what they say about moving water? It's fresh and fresh water is the best. When you get the water. Do not lick out of the bowl itself, lick the spout that the water comes out of!


3. Have a spot right in or by the window

You should always have a spot right in the window or next to it. Let the neighbors and the neighborhood cats know that you're a diva. There was a cat that I was rivals with when I lived outside. She came by my place, I could see her from the window two stories down and told her, "Go away," and she listened!

4. Do not allow your humans to tell you when to do things

If you're not hungry, don't tell them you need to eat. If you don't want to be touched tell them no, and when you want to be touched bother them. But if you want to play, give them your toy and if they're not paying attention meow. Even if you don't meow much, meow when you have a toy, they'll usually look at you and ask, "Do you want to play kitty?" Usually, then they'll play with you, and give you tons of attention and praise.


5. Don't allow people to take your photo

This isn't exactly like the last thing to do, it's a bit different. Humans like taking pictures of their kitties, they say it's cute and that they want other people to think you're cute too. People are weird. So what should kitties do if they don't want their pictures taken? Walk away, sniff the phone or camera, and then if they still don't listen and insist that you need to be in a photo, give them the stink eye. It makes my human girl stop taking photos of me.


6.  Share your bed with humans

Don't let your humans tell you that your bed is their bed, that's a load of garbage! My girl human sleeps on my bed every night and likes typing her blog posts on it, she says that it's comfortable. It's a queensized bed, a female cat is a queen, it's not a coincidence.


7. Make your human write blog posts about you 


I made girl human write about me today. I wouldn't leave her alone. I told her it'd be nice to write about me. When girl human said she's writing about me, I set my paw on her hand and helped her write about me. Then I told her I was falling asleep on my bed, and any photos that she needed to take of me, she probably already has. 

No comments:

Post a Comment