Saturday, June 1, 2019

6 Places to Get Free Books


Since I brought up the idea of doing book list this summer, and my ways of getting free books seems almost silly, and impossible am I right? Especially when it comes to actual printed copies. People can download a Kindle or Nook app on their computers, phones, or tablets and we’re able to read books for free. I’m talking about free books.


Bucket list item #1: Partly Done
Take a trip to the local bookstore and browse their free book section that they have outside


All of the places I talk about below are free for anyone. While sites like PJ Library is meant for young children and PJ our Way is for teens 11-13, there are still many books for people of all ages. If anyone has any other suggestions about pages that I may have missed, let me know! I’ll add them to the list of resources below.

Book Stores
Most mom and pop book stores have free boxes. I went to search the free boxes yesterday and found myself 10 books. A handful of which I may actually pick out for my summer reading list once I have it figured out soon. Sometimes you do have to wade between some boring books to find your gems! Reading list or not I plan on reading Secrets of my Hollywood Life by Jen Calotina.

I plan on going a few more times the next few weeks just so that I can add more books to my summer reading list. This is just part of the bucket list. 

Craigslist and Facebook Groups
On Facebook and Craigslist, there’s a place where people are giving away of books. Most of the time local garage sales area fabulous way to get free books. If you do intend to meet up with anyone for books or anything of the sort, please have a safe pick up spot.

Both PJ sites are meant for Jewish children to quality reading materials. I am not Jewish nor do they really ask if you’re Jewish, but I am open to my kids about other faiths so that they know that there are other faiths in the world, and it’s okay to look around and learn about others. I feel if a child doesn’t learn about other faiths, once they become adults they can be a little bit nervous about someone who’s different than they are. We all need to love and respect the people around us.


Dolly Parton's Imagination Library
Some places can actually get books from Imagination Library. It’s a place where kids can get books. It’s a little bit like the PJ Library, but the books have no religious nature to them at all. If your location is a lot like ours, nonexistent you can sing up to be a distributor.

Religious Places
If you nicely contact a bigger religious place, church, mosque, temple, whatever religion you’re hoping to learn about, they can sometimes send you a religious book and sometimes other books to get you to understand the faith better. I actually have a few Hindu books on my bookshelf that I was sent many years ago. And I still read them.

Sometimes just typing “Free [religon] books here you can find paper copies of books that you can order.


Check Freebie Sites
Last but not least you can find free books on freebie sites if you’re lucky you can find free hard copies of books on freebie sites. To be sure that you are a on a freebie site and not a scam site. Please do not give out information like your phone number, and do not jump through hoops. All they really need is your home address most of the time.

Some freebie sites I use are:



No comments:

Post a Comment