Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Beat Monday and Tuesday boredom with these chocolate inspired recipes


Why on earth did I read “Chocolate Chips Beat the Monday Blues?” I really shouldn’t have read anything about chocolate chips, now I’m thinking about eating my laptop. We all know what I think about chocolate! I only wish I still believed that chocolate candy had gluten in it just so I didn’t get tempted by chocolate.
Reddit

Okay, the thing that stopped me about this photo was the wafers (not gluten-free), and the frozen ice. I had the best desert hummus a few weeks ago from Aldi. I was going to blog about the brownie batter, but at the time I didn’t have a phone, and I almost inhaled the brownie batter. Sigh! So here we are back to the drawing board how about vegetarian and gluten-free recipes from the internet? I guess that’ll have to do until I can go grocery shopping this week.

You have a new recipe each the day this week if you want to beat the “Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday Blues”.

1. Chocolate Peanut butter balls: If you’re as much of peanut butter (or any nut butter) fanatic as I am, you’d be drooling after you see these beautiful peanut chocolate peanut butter balls. They look like they hold up a lot better than a lot of the chocolate recipes I’ve made in the past.
Vegan peanut butter balls smothered in chocolate on a parchment lined baking tray.
Recipe and Photo from Loving it Vegan
2. Chocolate chip cookies: They’re vegan and gluten-free. Would beat my Monday blues, and feed me throughout the week. They’d make every day of the week tasty. They're the exact reason why I had to make sure I included that this is one of those everyday things! 
Perfectly crisp & chewy, vegan gluten-free chocolate chip cookies
Recipe and Photo from Allergylicious
3. No bake peanut butter cheesecake: I grew up in a cheesecake friendly household, and learned to love cheesecake. My eyes fell upon the peanut butter cheesecake and all I could think of was my childhood and summer time. Should I have added this to my bucket list?
Front view of a slice of No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake on a plate with a bite taken out with the rest of the cheesecake in the background
Recipe and Photo from Joy Food Sunshine
4. “The best vegan brownies”: What’s a list of chocolate deserts without brownies? I was going to post the previous brownie recipe, but I saw this one, and the melted chocolate on the top looks delicious and makes Monday a little bit better.
The BEST vegan gluten-free Brownies
Photo and recipe from Vanilla Crunch
5. Chocolate Truffles: I’m new to truffles and admit I never had one, but this recipe makes everything about chocolate truffles delicious. What I really like is the option to omit the alcohol if you don’t use alcohol! I wouldn’t be able to have it if there wasn’t an option to omit the Kahlua.
6. Pudding Pretzel Pie: If my grandpa was still alive, this recipe would be one that would be right after his own heart. He loved pie and he really loved sharing a dessert with everyone that would visit. I’m almost certain that this would be one that he’d be sharing with others.
Gluten-Free/Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pretzel Pie! Made with REAL (no-banana-avocado-or-tofu) vegan chocolate pudding. The perfect, easy dessert for guests with food allergies!
Photo and recipe from Meaningful Eats
7. No bake chocolate peanut butter bars: When the first phrase that catches my eyes on “Healthy GF Family,” is “Indulgent tasting. Yummy and Satisfying” I knew I was in the right spot. This would be one of those recipes that would be on my fridge until it falls off or until I memorized it word for word.
Photo and recipe from Healthy Gluten-Free Family

No comments:

Post a Comment