Thursday, August 1, 2019

Tag Thursday: Alec's Furry Friend Tag

Freya told me that Alec didn't have his own Furry Friend tag like she does, and now that she thinks Alec is her 'baby' she says her baby should get some love, and there are a lot more bases to cover. So this tag has some new questions, unlike the last time.

1. What is your pets name?

Alec

2. How did you come up with the name?

Alec Holland, Swamp thing. It's one of human man's favorite comic book characters and Alec is his cat.

3. What breed is your pet?

He's not a breed, he's just your average everyday orange mackerel tabby.

4. How long have you had your pet friend?

It's now been a little over a month

5. How did you get your pet?

He followed my husband home from work. We're still looking for his humans,  but so far nobody has stepped forward.

6. What is your pets favorite thing to eat?

Anything humans are eating. But he really loves his kitten food.

7. What games does your pet love to play?

He likes playing with the cat dangler toy, and chase Freya around.

8. Is your pet a cuddle and chill kind of pet or a let go explore sort of pet?

He's the cuddle and chill type of dude. He'll explore...right after his nap.

9. What is your favorite memory with your pet?

I was in the cabinet, grabbing some Cheetos, one of my guilty pleasures, when I realized that I almost grabbed the cat food bag. For the longest amount of time, Alec wouldn't live it down and believed that if I was going to try to eat his cat food, then I should be able to share some of my human food with him.

10. What are some quirky things about your pet's personality?

Alec is a talker. He'll walk around saying, "mama", and will walk up to Freya and call her "mama". I've had talkative cats before, but Alec takes it to a new level. Sometimes, just sometimes I can get Alec to 'repeat' other things like grandma and Alec. I'm trying to teach him Freya, but it's not working too well.

11. What does your relationship with your pet mean to you?

While Alec says I'm not his person, his person is the man human, I do feel that he's an amazing cat and as amazing as Monkey and Freya. They all have this special place in my heart.

12. What are some of your favorite things to do with your pet?

I like trying to get Alec to talk, but what I really love is all the cuddles. He's a big cuddle bug. 

13. What nicknames do you call your pet?

I don't have any nicknames for Alec as of yet.

14. What tricks can your pet do?

I said it before, but Alec can talk.

15. What is the funniest thing your pet has done?

I was busy writing something the other day and I look up to see Alec in my dresser drawer and Freya on the bed staring at him. I made the comment, that Freya was making sure Alec didn't get hurt and that she was jealous. I don't remember what I went to do, but I came back to the bedroom, with Alec sitting on the bed and Freya in the drawer, as if to say, "See human girl we can sare."

16. What is the boldest thing your pet has done?

Alec is one of those cats that are not afraid to walk up to you and try to take your food. He's a very bold cat in general.

17. What impresses you the most about your pet?

The most impressive thing I've ever seen from a cat ever is Alec's behavior around Freya, and Freya's behavior around Alec it's almost this mother and kitten dynamic. While I've seen cats take care of younger kittens like the kitten is their own young. Freya took right to being "Mama Freya" after she got over her initial fear of Alec.

18. Is your pet house trained or an outside pet?

He's house trained and knows how to use the litter box. He's one of those cats that will stand in the litter box for minutes making sure that his poops and pees are covered just to his liking. 

19. Where is your favorite place to bring your pet?

I don't really have a favorite place to bring Alec. I let him do his own thing.

20. What is the most rewarding thing about being a pet owner?

The love that I get back. Animals can love unconditionally and are great at tapping into your moods. They know when you're having a bad day or not. As someone who took both Freya and Alec from the streets, there's that feeling that you've actually made a difference and that the cats now see a whole new lease on life, one where they don't have to fight for food or worry about getting run over by a car.
Some Alec, Freya, and Monkey Questions

21. Do your pets get along?

Alec and Monkey fight, mainly because Alec hasn't had his special surgery yet. We plan on doing that really soon, but right now it's the dominance game.

Freya and Monkey aren't exactly on the best of terms either. Both because he got mean with Alec, and because Monkey likes to wake Freya up just to groom him, bothers her. They are far from best friends and far from friends. Depending on the day Freya will tolerate Monkey a little bit.

Alec and Freya are the cutest duos ever. She'll chase after Alec and play with him. She'll protect him, and she's even teaching Alec what I taught her about playing too rough. If he plays to rough, she'll tell him and he seems to listen. Freya knows that Alec is a baby and that Alec needs a mommy. I don't know if Alec really knows that Freya isn't his mom, but it's cute how he behaves like she's his mommy.

22. Would you adopt more pets in the future?

As of right now, I don't think I would, three cats is plenty. If we had a bigger apartment, I would sure like to help another pet or two out. I would really love to foster animals. So long story short, adopting a pet is not on the horizon right now, but in the future, I wouldn't mind seeing how things are going to go.

23. Have any of your pets had babies?

Nope. Freya is the only girl and she's had the 'naked belly surgery,' the one that she doesn't like people to talk about. Both Alec and Monkey are boys and they can't have any babies!

24. When did you get your first pet?

My very first pet was a hamster, I was 4 and to be honest, I don't know how I got her. I would assume it was from a pet store, but it that was 29 years ago, and I don't have any clue what went on around that time.

25. Had you any other pets in the past?

I've had many pets, I've had dogs, cats, rabbits hamsters, rats, mice, a bird, and gerbils. I will not go into the names and how many pets I've had in the past, obviously not all at one time, but I have had other pets in the past.


26. What advice would you give someone looking to adopt a pet?

Not all pets are the same, do your homework about your new family member, if you can before adopting them. All animals have a unique personality with unique quirks. Learn what you can, so that you can ensure that they are getting the best home possible. Oh last but not least, always adopt and rescue and not shop. There are many animals on the streets or in shelters that need someone to love them.


No comments:

Post a Comment