Thursday, May 14, 2020

She's here, my dearest dolly is here!

This is Luciana "Luca/Lucy" Grace. She's the doll that I've been waiting for. She's absolutely adorable isn't she? She wasn't on the list of dolls that I originally wanted, but she's by far the cutest doll that I've ever seen. I can't believe that she's here and that she's mine. 

Why I chose the name that I did
Much like any human baby, I take naming my dolls seriously. So as soon as I ordered Luca, I had to think about what I wanted to name her, a name that I felt I could call her and feel comfortable calling her. But her whole trip, I was stuck with names, she didn't feel much like a Sam, and she didn't feel much like a Heather (a name that was suggested by a friend), every name I came up with felt like it didn't fit.

I took a step back and thought about names that I wished I could have named a baby girl if I had one. The name Lucy kept playing around in my head. I love the name Lucy, it's classic. Lucy was a safe bet, for naming my doll, but at the same time, I wantedd something that was unique. I thought about names and thought and thought and thought! 

I've always been an entomology buff, names are one of those things I can look at for hours on end, and I can't help but make up new first and middle name combos. So what would be unique for Lucy? I don't even know how it feel out of my brain, "Luca" was a unique name as far as girls are concerned. All the Google searches suggested that Luca should be short for Luciana. That was it Luciana was the perfect name. Luca or Lucy (depending on my mood), would be a great name for my doll. 

The middle name was again one of those names I've always loved, Luciana Grace had a nice flow to it, and didn't seem as wordy as some of the other names. Do I think she likes her name?  It's not like I could find out, she's a doll, and Luciana just has to deal with what I named her. 

Some of my favorite things about Luca
There are many things that drew me toward her beauty when i saw her on eBay. The first thing that was obvious, even though there's still many of Luca's twins on eBay was how real she looked.You know it's an amazing doll when you imagine her crying and are expecting the worst when she's being shipped inside of a plastic bag, inside of a box. 

Her open mouth was another determining factor. Some people who Reborn, or own Reborns, have to modify a pacifier or a bottle to fit it in the dolls mouth. As for Luca's sake her mouth is open and cn take a bottle, isn't her bottle of 'formula'  adorable? It came with Luca.

Talking about things that came with her, she came with the cute owl onesie that she's wearing, a headband (that she's also wearing), two bottles, one of which that came with Luca, two diapers, a blanket, her hospital band and pacitifer. All of which were $110, including she shipping. For a realistic doll she was a great price!

Finally the last thing I love about her isn't about her exactly it's about the person who shipped her. They were quick, easy. The delivery was great. I'd have no issues ordering from them again. Infact if I do order another doll one day, if they have more dolls other than Luca in their shop, they'll be my first choice. The pictures were fantastic. 
What the future holds for Luca and I
As soon as things become more normal and as soon as I feel comfortable taking her out in public, I'm going to do so, I'd love to have some adventures with her. Adventures with Luca sounds like fun don't it? But until then she'll be my cuddle buddy. She'll be my go to when my migraines and panic attacks are at their worst. 

Yay to Luca for helping me chill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment