Tuesday, May 5, 2020

7 Things That I'm actually enjoying during this quarantine

Day 2: What are you enjoying most about the order to stay home during this quarantine?
I've seen this quarantine do some crazy things and I can't even start to explain all the crazy things that I've heard people have done. People starting fights in stores over toilet paper, the gluten-free sections of the store, looking like a baron wasteland, and people using women's undergarments as a facemask. That's enough to make me wonder what the history books years from now are going to say about what went on.


Just because times are tough and things are crazy, it doesn't mean that we can't find the good in somethings. Some days it may not seem like it for people, to wake up and stare at the same walls, missing human contact, and wishing they could go to the store, without wearing a mask and feeling claustrophobic. Having a list of 7 things I'm actually enjoying reminds me that even during a storm, there can be a beautiful rainbow.

1. Starting challenges and learning more about myself: As I do these challenges and have had time to reflect on things I like, and things I don't like, it makes me want to embrace the things I do like a little bit more. From the Disney movie challenge to seeing what other challenges I may want to do in the future, if not on here, but on social sites

2. Seeing people's true colors shine through: From friends to enemies and people in between. You learn a lot about people when times get hard. The people who actually check in on you to make sure you're doing fine, to the people who have been mean and callous to others when they really shouldn't have been. That's what I've enjoyed, well not the anger and hatred, but actually learning who's really on your side. 

3. The ability to try new foods: Because the quarantine has made the parts of the store I one enjoyed, empty, I've had to learn to improvise when it comes to food and snacks. It gave me the idea to start a new weekly meme, like the Tag Thursdays and Favorite 5 Fridays, and start, snack time Saturdays, when I talk about some cool new snack foods or recipes that I've tried during the week! It might even lead me to do another video in the future.

4. Being able to read more: It's not like I didn't read before, but now that the quarantine is happening, I've been reading more and have started reading a book written by an online friend, that I've put off reading for a while. 

5. Wanting to write more: This goes #4, a bit. Because I've read more, and enjoyed my friend's book. It inspires me to be creative. I don't know what I want to do with my as of yet. But if I keep getting inspired, I know I'll eventually find what I want to write about, and learn about what niches I feel comfortable with. 

6. The fresh air: Because I live in an apartment, and worry about COVID-19, spreading, in the hallways, and higher traffic areas, I've opened the windows more often. I'm able to enjoy the birds chirping since there's fewer people congregating outside. The fresh air reminds me of how beautiful the world really is and how wonderful the sounds of nature are.

Billie Joe Armstrong's Green Day's solo was pretty awesome!

7.Free concerts from home: I saved the best for last. I love seeing what musicians are kind enough to let us into their homes and sharing their music with the world, in a time like this. Music is healing, music is beautiful, and music keeps a lot of people sane. But what I find is cooler, a lot of people who wouldn't normally be able to go to a live show for whatever reason, distance, money, health, they can still enjoy it. 
  

7.

No comments:

Post a Comment