Friday, May 10, 2019

A reason for being MIA



I didn’t purposely mean to be MIA for nearly a whole month and both my Facebook and Twitter page seemed very vague about my little break. I don’t really need to explain what’s been going on, but I felt I’d explain what’s been going on so that it’s not like I just fell off the face of the earth as a blogger.

About a month ago I went to the hospital having a headache and trouble speaking. They yelled at me for being there, because it’s not really a reason to go to the hospital (in their opinion), then was given tests (CT and bloodwork) to rule out something like a stroke and told me if my the headache didn’t go away that they’d transfer me to another hospital.

The medication they gave me sort of worked and they ruled out a stroke, told me I a bit of swelling on my brain and to go home and make an appointment with my doctor. Even if I had trouble speaking which then turned into a nonstop migraine for a week and extreme stuttering. There was no way I could blog with my head pulsating like it was, I don’t think I could have possibly strung two words together.

So I went to my doctor for her to rule to send me to get an MRI because she said she wasn’t willing to treat my headaches unless she knew what she was working with.

My results

I already deal with hemiplegic migraine cluster headaches, occipital migraines, silent migraines, and regular migraines a lot. So when I was sent for my MRI, I was nervous, I anticipated the worst. My head’s almost always spinning and a sometimes, not all the times my hemiplegic migraine migraines and regular migraines come without an aura. I’m one of those people who would prefer an aura before the storm hits. At least I have a warning and my migraine doesn’t just hit. The one I had when I couldn’t talk hit without an aura and hit pretty hard.

It was unfortunately, the only thing that my MRI concluded was that I had lesions consistent with migraines. Because I’m already on Maxalt and have tried both Propopenool and on Atenonol already, there wasn’t anything my doctor could do for me and I’m still waiting to hear from my neurologist.

Where I stand

I’m left without many options as of right now migraine wise, and started taking Sinol nasal spray for Migraines, Tension Headaches, Cluster Headaches, and Sinus headaches. It’s worked for the most part a far as far as my migraines and sinus headaches go. I still have the occasional dizziness, and the other symptoms that come along with my migraines, but until I see my doctor I’m trying to work my way around things.


No comments:

Post a Comment